BC Hydro – Deadline to complete EV charger rebate applications is February 28
January 29, 2021
The deadline for customers to submit final applications to the EV Charger Rebate Program is February 28, 2021. We will not be able to accept program applications after February 28, 2021 until a decision about new program funding is announced.
BC hydro has announced that the deadline to complete EV charger rebate applications is February 28, 20201.
Customers who submit final completion documentation on or before February 28, 2021 will be processed and paid, if applications meet the program requirements. New program applications will not be accepted after February 28, 2021 until new program funding has been made available.
You can check the list of rebate eligible chargers here:
Also check the following document that outlines the different scenarios in qualifying for the rebate.
As of Dec 4th, 2020 the Province is increasing rebates for the EV Charger Rebate Program and offering a new EV Ready program to help make charging more accessible for people living in Condos and Apartments.
CHARGER REBATES INCREASED FOR A LIMITED TIME:
• Single Family Home: up to 50% of the purchase and installation costs of an eligible Level 2 EV charger, to a maximum of 700 (regularly $350).
• Standalone EV Charger (MURB): up to $4,000 per charger (regularly $2,000) to purchase and install Level 2 networked EV chargers at your building’s residential parking spaces, to a maximum of $14,000.
• Workplace: up to $4,000 per charger (regularly $2,000) to purchase and install eligible Level 2 networked EV chargers for employee use, to a maximum of $14,000.
• EV Ready Charger (MURB): up to $3,400 per charger (regularly $1,400) to purchase and install Level 2 networked EV chargers to implement your building’s EV Ready plan, to a maximum of $14,000.
NEW EV READY PROGRAM OFFER:
The EV Ready Program offer provides rebates for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings to implement EV Ready parking. What does EV Ready mean? In a MURB building, a parking space features a complete electrical circuit terminating in a junction box capable of providing level 2 EV charging. The chargers are installed in the future, as electric vehicles are adopted. The EV Ready Program provides a rebate for building owners & condominiums to develop an EV Ready Plan. The EV Ready Plan will provide MURBs with an approach to support widespread future access to EV charging for residents.
• EV Ready Plan Rebates: an EV Ready Plan provides a strategy to provide each residential unit in a MURB a least one parking space to be EV Ready. This document must be created by a licensed electrical contractor, or a registered professional electrical engineer and must address the following: electricity capacity assessment, determination of minimum charging performance requirements, charging options for parking spaces, compatible EV Energy Management Systems, EVSEs, electrical service upgrades, and cost estimates.
• EV Ready Electrical Infrastructure Rebates: the program also provides rebates for implementation of EV Ready parking in accordance with a customers EV Ready Plan.
• EV Ready Charging Station Rebates: the program also provides rebates for implementation of charging stations in accordance with a customers EV Ready Plan. While most residents in a building won’t yet have an EV, there are those who already own one or are planning to purchase one.
SUMMARY OF EV READY OFFER:
• Up to 75% of the costs to a maximum of $3,000 for an approved EV Ready Plan
• Up to 50% of the costs to a maximum of $600 per parking stall for the electrical work needed to make a parking stall EV Ready. The maximum electrical infrastructure rebate will be capped at $80,000 per MURB customer.
• Up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new, Level 2 charging equipment, to a maximum of $14,000 (up to $3,400 per station).
• When combined, total max rebate for EV Ready Offer is $97,000